Camilla really, quite desperately wanted to marry Andrew Parker Bowles.
Lux
2005-04-16 00:31:38 UTC
When Camilla joined the line-up of debutantes in 1965 in order to
curtsey to a big cake at Queen Charlotte's Ball, which is what they
all do, she, like the other young "virgins", wore white. But she
certainly had boyfriends who she went to bed with. Kevin Burke, son of
Sir Aubrey Burke, the deputy chairman of the Hawker Siddeley Group, the
aircraft manufacturer, and therefore very much the right sort of chap,
never confirmed whether or not he went to bed with Camilla two days
after her party as has been reported, but he has talked, fondly and
ruefully, about their time together
Soon after ditching Kevin Burke, Camilla went out with Rupert Hambro,
of the fantastically rich and powerful Hambro banking family. Then
Andrew Parker Bowles hove into view; not so rich, not so powerful but
dashed handsome and a bit aristocratic. Camilla turned her headlights
on full beam. From that time, Camilla, when not in the country with the
horses, could generally be found at her new boyfriend's flat in the
Portobello Road.
"You would go round there on a Saturday morning," recalls a friend,
"and Andrew would be cooking breakfast and making coffee. Around 11,
Camilla would stagger downstairs looking bleary-eyed and a little
dishevelled. She would walk around wearing one of his big shirts. She
would sit on Andrew's knee and tease his hair. They clearly had a
very lusty, healthy life together." A former girlfriend of Andrew
Parker Bowles's has said "his greatest gift to women was the
knowledge that sexuality was healthy - something to be explored. That
openness about sex was his gift to Camilla. She was very innocent when
they met, but they spent many, many nights together. He schooled her in
the ways of the world."
Camilla really, really, quite desperately wanted to marry Andrew Parker
Bowles. She was in love with him and he was being difficult and elusive
and playing the field, which would have made a young girl feel wretched
with love. This could well be why she chatted up Prince Charles at a
polo match in the summer of 1970. And while Charles may not have been
as handsome as Andrew, he would have been looking pretty sweaty and
macho nonetheless.
As one friend of Camilla's explains it now, "You have to remember
that practically everything he says to her is going to be interesting.
If he is telling you about something that has happened with his mother
and his mother is the Queen then it automatically becomes quite, quite
fascinating. Camilla has a ringside seat. I think that is what she
likes. She knows the truth, and wouldn't we all love to know the
truth? And then sometimes you can spill little bits of the beans and
that in turn makes you interesting."

What is likely is that Camilla knew that she and Prince Charles would
never have married even if they had been allowed to because what she
wanted was her handsome, outgoing, bounding heart-throb, not her
forlorn, introverted Prince who needed cheering up with whoopee
cushions and Spike Milligan impersonations.
Camilla and Andrew were married in July 1973. She had done what she was
supposed to. She didn't have any qualifications to speak of and she
had her lovely, cigaretty, ginny life stretching before her. She might
have got bored. But she didn't. Andrew was away from Monday to
Friday, but Camilla always had Charles, the one she called "my
favourite little Prince". He needed his sex-motherer too much not to
have come sniffing around her marriage.
Camilla was there in her kitchen, with her dogs and her Aga, ladling
out some nice sweet mothering. Visitors have described him sitting
patiently like a small, cold child in the kitchen waiting for Camilla
to see her guests off after a dinner party. Sometimes he would slope
off upstairs with something nursery-ish, shepherd's pie or macaroni
cheese on a tray. He was like the Winslow Boy, arriving home
unexpectedly out of the rain, wanting nanny to give him a hot bath, a
milky drink and, in the Prince's case, a quick dip into her cleavage.

And Andrew, it seems, was all for it. One old hunting chum went as far
as to say that, "He loved every second of it. The idea is to keep it
in the family. Better us than them, you see." What they didn't want
was a Lady Chatterley situation - no gamekeepers, gardeners or grooms
- it was fine as long as it was among their own kind.
An unnamed butler who worked for Camilla's grandmother, Sonia Cubitt,
at her house, Hall Place in Hampshire, told this story about the
recently married new mother Camilla and the bachelor Prince Charles.
"I well remember the first time the Prince came to Hall Place. He
arrived at 6pm and after a few minutes talking to Mrs Cubitt he
vanished into thin air with Camilla.
"She had been wandering around the house all day wearing a pair of
jeans with no zip - the flies were held together with a safety-pin.
This sort of behaviour shocked Mrs Cubitt and she demanded to know
whether Camilla was going to change into a frock before the Prince's
arrival. 'I can even see your drawers, Camilla', I heard her
bellow. Camilla's reply was, 'Oh, Charles won't mind that'."
It is unlikely that Camilla ever regarded Diana as a friend. As one
intimate recalls, Camilla said, "The good thing about Diana is that
she will love him a lot." She rather glaringly failed to say how much
she hoped Diana would be loved by him. This could well be why her
relationship with Prince Charles has lasted - she only ever thinks of
him.
Camilla is not a woman's woman. She is a tomboy who likes being one
of the lads. No one says, as they said of Diana, that she goes out of
her way to help people or comfort them, that she writes thank-you
letters immediately or sends presents. But they do say that she cheers
people up just by being herself, bounces them along with that inner
something - she is good old, bad old, Tiggerish Camilla.
Would Wallis Simpson have hung around all those years unmarried, not
officially recognised, compared to a horse and a haddock? Which proves
just one thing, whatever kind of person Camilla Parker Bowles is -
adorable, as Jilly Cooper says, good fun, as so many of her friends
say, a good mother, an excellent sex-motherer, manipulative, unfeeling,
scheming, raunchy, all those things - she is also constant.

www.timesonline.co.uk
Psyche's Knot
2005-04-16 00:41:56 UTC
Camilla has a ringside seat. I think that is what she
likes. She knows the truth, and wouldn't we all love to know the
truth? And then sometimes you can spill little bits of the beans and
that in turn makes you interesting."

It makes her rich amd remarried as well.
Showing off her panties in front of her Grandmother...that's the Harl*t
of Highgrove...
Yes she, Andrew and Charles enjoyed all the 'Look at me I'm a naughty
child' bits....
Camilla has to be one of the worst Mothers to her Children of all
time...never there for them...
And all this about the Shands being close is FAKE....she and Anabel may
shop and tell blue jokes together but at the book-signing, Mark Shand
said he rarely ever saw the family.
Lux
2005-04-16 04:51:02 UTC
Yes, so much for the great thwarted love affair spanning two centuries!
APB was hot, Charles was not. But he did have all that lovely money
and delish dish.
Psyche's Knot
2005-04-16 05:31:39 UTC
Yes, so much for the great thwarted love affair spanning two centuries!

APB was hot, Charles was not. But he did have all that lovely money
and delish dish.

Too right, she keeps that shrine to Alice Keppel because she gave her
the 'key' to the Kingdom...the heirs bed.
With Chazza resenting his parents, he told Nanny Cam all their little
private ways...and she took notes...just think circa 40 years of notes
in a bank vault in Mayfair....would make more lolly than Coutts !
riseling
2005-04-16 10:38:28 UTC
Post by Lux
Yes, so much for the great thwarted love affair spanning two centuries!
APB was hot, Charles was not. But he did have all that lovely money
and delish dish.
Too right, she keeps that shrine to Alice Keppel because she gave her
the 'key' to the Kingdom...the heirs bed.
With Chazza resenting his parents, he told Nanny Cam all their little
private ways...and she took notes...just think circa 40 years of notes
in a bank vault in Mayfair....would make more lolly than Coutts !
Yup downright SLUTTISH. This woman has no shame, no decency, no self
respect. Just plain self centered selfish and very cold heateredly
ambitious. And this woman is gong to Run and Rule the English Monarchy
. How disgraceful. How low can the monarchy go.

Charles the wimp must stand aside.
Psyche's Knot
2005-04-17 04:11:44 UTC
Yup downright SLUTTISH. This woman has no shame, no decency, no self
respect. Just plain self centered selfish and very cold heateredly
ambitious. And this woman is gong to Run and Rule the English Monarchy
. How disgraceful. How low can the monarchy go.

Charles the wimp must stand aside.

He will have to be forcibly removed from the succession. Cammy won't
let
him ruin her plans otherwise. She must be stopped.
Sacha
2005-04-16 14:49:09 UTC
On 16/4/05 5:51, in article
Post by Lux
Yes, so much for the great thwarted love affair spanning two centuries!
APB was hot, Charles was not. But he did have all that lovely money
and delish dish.
The one with money was not APB but Camilla. A recent report on that made it
sound as if this was not the least of her attractions for APB. It was
around the time of the wedding and I think it was in the Daily Mail or it
might have been one of the Sundays.
Comments that she was mad keen to marry APB are very old.
--
Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)
Lux
2005-04-16 15:25:18 UTC
The one with money was not APB but Camilla. A recent report on that
made it
sound as if this was not the least of her attractions for APB. It was
around the time of the wedding and I think it was in the Daily Mail or
it
might have been one of the Sundays.
Comments that she was mad keen to marry APB are very old.

I was talking about Charles' money. Actually this is from a brand new
book referenced in her bio in the Times that some will no doubt wish to
take to be with them.
Sacha
2005-04-16 15:25:43 UTC
On 16/4/05 16:25, in article
Post by Sacha
The one with money was not APB but Camilla. A recent report on that made it
sound as if this was not the least of her attractions for APB. It was
around the time of the wedding and I think it was in the Daily Mail or it
might have been one of the Sundays.
Comments that she was mad keen to marry APB are very old.
I was talking about Charles' money. Actually this is from a brand new
book referenced in her bio in the Times that some will no doubt wish to
take to be with them.
Which doesn't make any sense, as she decided to marry APB while Charles was
abroad. And was said to be so keen to do so.
I don't quite understand why it's 'wrong' to read Penny Junor but 'right' to
read and believe Morton but there we are.
Have you read that Paul Burrell says he knows the bedroom secrets of Diana
but wouldn't dream of disclosing them? The book should be out any day
now....
--
Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)
Jean Sue Libkind
2005-04-16 16:21:59 UTC
Post by Sacha
Have you read that Paul Burrell says he knows the bedroom secrets of Diana
but wouldn't dream of disclosing them? The book should be out any day
now....
Given that she was a 20-year old virgin, pure as the driven snow, naive
and innocent, unaware of life (at least according to her supporters on
here) and that we've also hear from St Di-ites that Charles was "cold"
in bed....

where did she learn these bedroom secrets? from whom? was she a quick
learner or did it take many lessons? did she read a book? can we read
the same book? did Granny Cartland fill her in on heaving bosoms?

Inquiring minds want to know.

js
W***@webtv.net
2005-04-17 02:05:34 UTC
So Camilla had 5 men in her life (supposedly) 3 before she got married
than APB and Charles, right? Ok Diana was a virgin before she married
but boy oh boy did she make up for it later!!!!! Like an friend always
said :" I rather marry a whore because she knows what it is about ,than
a virgin who will get the taste what others are like".

servus,tschuess,baba austrian by
chance, AMERICAN by CHOICE,
VIENNESE FOREVER
Susan Cohen
2005-04-17 03:35:21 UTC
Post by W***@webtv.net
So Camilla had 5 men in her life (supposedly) 3 before she got married
than APB and Charles, right? Ok Diana was a virgin before she married
but boy oh boy did she make up for it later!!!!! Like an friend always
said :" I rather marry a whore because she knows what it is about ,than
a virgin who will get the taste what others are like".
The men I admire mosat among my acquaintances are the ones who say "I don't
care how many came before me, just so long as I'm the last." & it goes w/out
sayng that they are talking about someone who they'd like to make their last
woman.

SusanC
Psyche's Knot
2005-04-17 04:13:26 UTC
So you admit to sleeping around? No wonder you style yourself after
Camrotter.
You, Ethel and Camzilla are three of a kind.
Lux
2005-04-17 05:35:24 UTC
I don't quite understand why it's 'wrong' to read Penny Junor but
'right' to
read and believe Morton but there we are.

This isn't Morton, it is one of Camilla's brownnoser biographers, as
you would know if you ever read the Times.
Lux
2005-04-17 06:10:43 UTC
That must be why Tom noted in his wedding toast that Camilla was a
wonderful mother.

In an earlier interview, he said Camilla was always there; there were
always home-cooked meals, etc.
js

Oh you must be thinking of the time she was complaining her husband and
son were returning home, and hoping the ambulance strike would go on so
she could screw Charles. I guess she wasn't ALWAYS there, which is why
her son ended up a cokehead who was too embarrassed to use his full
surname.
Sacha
2005-04-17 09:02:44 UTC
On 17/4/05 6:35, in article
Post by Sacha
I don't quite understand why it's 'wrong' to read Penny Junor but
'right' to
read and believe Morton but there we are.
This isn't Morton, it is one of Camilla's brownnoser biographers, as
you would know if you ever read the Times.
Oh dear. It was a general remark about the attitudes of the Diana Knuts to
the matter of books about Charles or Camilla. Sharpen up that giant
intellect. BTW, an American friend of mine is reading the new Junor book
right now and finds it excellent and well balanced. Have you read it? Sorry
- silly question.
--
Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)
jack
2005-04-17 15:26:36 UTC
Post by Sacha
On 17/4/05 6:35, in article
Post by Sacha
I don't quite understand why it's 'wrong' to read Penny Junor but
'right' to
read and believe Morton but there we are.
This isn't Morton, it is one of Camilla's brownnoser biographers, as
you would know if you ever read the Times.
Oh dear. It was a general remark about the attitudes of the Diana Knuts to
the matter of books about Charles or Camilla. Sharpen up that giant
intellect.
BTW, an American friend of mine is reading the new Junor book

Thought you disagreed with Yanks discussing royalty?!!!!
(remove the weeds for email)
Psyche's Knot
2005-04-17 15:54:09 UTC
This isn't Morton, it is one of Camilla's brownnoser biographers, as
you would know if you ever read the Times.

Right, Lux, this ignorance on the part of some of the posters is
TIRESOME to say the least !
Lux
2005-04-17 05:37:01 UTC
I hope Camilla sits by me for an evening; we could have a good time.
js

I hear old whores do enjoy their reminiscences; I am sorry to hear you
are of that company.
Lux

Would you really like to know? How very peculiar of you.
Jean Sue Libkind

js
Susan Cohen
2005-04-18 00:35:44 UTC
Post by Jean Sue Libkind
Post by Jean Sue Libkind
Given that she was a 20-year old virgin, pure as the driven snow, naive
and innocent, unaware of life (at least according to her supporters on
here) and that we've also hear from St Di-ites that Charles was "cold"
in bed....
where did she learn these bedroom secrets? from whom? was she a quick
learner or did it take many lessons? did she read a book? can we read
the same book? did Granny Cartland fill her in on heaving bosoms?
Inquiring minds want to know.
js Would you really like to know? How very peculiar of you.
Nope. Just curious.
Be honest - you were being snide :-)

SusanC
js
Lux
2005-04-17 05:43:39 UTC
Have you read that Paul Burrell says he knows the bedroom secrets of
Diana
but wouldn't dream of disclosing them? The book should be out any day
now....
Sacha

No, I haven't read that, but I have heard Encyclopedia Brittanica is
issuing a 2 volume set chronically all the people Camilla has slept
with.
Lux

What makes you think she has been or will be the last?
Psyche's Knot
2005-04-17 15:57:49 UTC
There's word in today's post of the Bruce Shand insistance that Chas
marry her that he's been having flings as usual.
all in a day's 'work' to him.
Lux
2005-04-17 05:47:38 UTC

Britannica, chronicling.
Jean Sue Libkind

js
Psyche's Knot
2005-04-17 15:56:16 UTC
I don't know about that, Lux, but as Sharon Osbourne pointed out,
Camilla grins from ear to ear at same sex groping.
yD
2005-04-18 15:52:44 UTC
Post by Jean Sue Libkind
I hope Camilla sits by me for an evening; we could have a good time.
js
I hear old whores do enjoy their reminiscences; I am sorry to hear you
are of that company.
Dunno about whores, old or young, but I do know that a lot of women
like to talk about the men in their lives, past and present. Happy
Days, in my case, or mostly anyway :)
yD
Sacha
2005-04-17 09:00:39 UTC
On 17/4/05 5:13, in article
Post by Psyche's Knot
So you admit to sleeping around? No wonder you style yourself after
Camrotter.
You, Ethel and Camzilla are three of a kind.
As long as it's not your kind, I certainly hope so!
--
Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)
Jean Sue Libkind
2005-04-17 15:26:01 UTC
Post by Psyche's Knot
So you admit to sleeping around? No wonder you style yourself after
Camrotter.
You, Ethel and Camzilla are three of a kind.
to whom are you speaking?

js
PK4real
2005-04-18 03:31:26 UTC
"Lux" <***@aol.com> wrote:
Strewth, they will take up as much room as Dimbleby's clunker !

Are you sure it isn't 3 ????
PK4real
2005-04-18 16:12:15 UTC
"yD" <***@aol.com> wrote:
Rehashing the past can be entertaining...but why a poster here imagines she will have a

natter with Corny is BIZARRE unless she plans to gatecrash the Prez's reception do !! =)

Security will have her behind bars in a D.C. minute. Talk about your comedy terrorists !!
PK4real
2005-04-18 16:17:29 UTC
I must add, Jaws went out with Hambro and years later, Andrew PB was 'fond' of his Wife...Fatty Soames played a role in all these Musical Chairs larks...he was once a 'friend' of Elizabeth Buchanan, Prinny's bird !!
Jean Sue Libkind
2005-04-16 15:44:59 UTC
Post by Psyche's Knot
Camilla has to be one of the worst Mothers to her Children of all
time...never there for them...
That must be why Tom noted in his wedding toast that Camilla was a
wonderful mother.

In an earlier interview, he said Camilla was always there; there were
always home-cooked meals, etc.

That must be why Jilly Cooper talks about Camilla's mothering nature.

Don't confuse yourself with the facts; your little brain will whirl into
a dervish and slide out of your ears.

js
FJae
2005-04-18 16:28:59 UTC
oh a darling mother with home cooked meals
trolloping updstairs with charles while her husband is downstairs
i mean come on
and yes this did happen
js
SaintV
www.timesonline.co.uk
Psyche's Knot
I second that. The Mipsy/Jaws cross is like grafting a rose to a nettle.
Jean Sue Libkind

js
PK4real
2005-04-18 16:51:04 UTC
"FJae" <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
Right, F Jae...they had to put a good face on it for the wedding....Since when is the word of

Tom Parker Bowles The Bible ?? And Jilly is KNOWN for fictions !!

Laura is strictly a Daddy's girl and has expressed her view that Charles had an unfair

advantage of rank over her Father...Camilla's biographers have made it clear that anything

royal came before Camilla's family and they had to make the best of it !!