Sam Sloan is the cousin of Queen Elizabeth II of England
Sam Sloan
2003-10-18 12:18:28 UTC
Yes. This is it. Now, I have just received back a reply from the
researcher in Disbyt Database.

The weak link in my family tree comes with Maria Jonsdotter. There is
a Maria Jonsdotter who was the mother of Anna Stina Bengtsdotter, my
great-great-grandmother. That Maria Jonsdotter was born in 1800 in
Qvenarp, Sweden.

Now, according to just one entry in the DisByt database, Jonas Nilsson
and Lena Persdotter had three children. The middle child was Maria
Jonsdotter who was born in 1800 in Qvenarp, Sweden.

If I can prove that these two Maria Jonsdotter are the same person,
then I have my ancestry going all the way back to King Erik XIV of
Sweden, because all of the other links seem solid.

Here is what I received from the researcher:

From: "Lillemor Svensson" <***@telia.com>
To: "Sam Sloan" <***@samsloan.com>
Subject: Maria Jonasdotter
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:54:00 +0200

Dear Sam.
Maria is with in estate inventory but not in Swedish Church birth
book, I don't no why for.
I can send estate inventory to you if you send me your address. Then
is on Swedish but you can see childrens name Brita 6œ year Maria 4œ
year and Ulrika 2 year, and his Widow Lena Persdotter
in Loftesgard Odensjo I can not speak much English I hope you
understand
Best regards Lillemor Svensson
Hi Ann
I posted this look up on 22 Sept.. Maybe this is the one Sam refers to?
" Hi Sam
Anna Stina Bengtsdotter
b. 1 July 1823 in Guddarp, Kronobergs län,
about 10 km NW of Ljungby.
Father Bengt Andersson, mother Maria Jonsdotter, A Dragon was a witness.
In genline gid 817.23.12400 "
that info. from photo of page in Church book
For the rank Dragon see here
http://www.algonet.se/~hogman/militaria_dict.htm
it was a 2nd Lieut., cavalry
Can find ithe baptism witnesses in Genline by writing the gid # given above.
Dragon was a military rank, see in SweGGate write Dragon in Search function front page in center
www.sweggate.com
The nobles or adel history is also there
Themes->Military-> Uniforms, Heraldry..
Phil
2003-10-19 02:48:47 UTC
Post by Sam Sloan
Yes. This is it. Now, I have just received back a reply from the
researcher in Disbyt Database.
Sam, why do you think people in these newsgroups give a damn about
your life?

Phil
Phil Moody
2003-10-19 03:53:03 UTC
I disavow any association from this insensitive anonymous bastard who uses my
signature. I, Philip Lee Moody, have no need to hide behind an anonymous
address and name to say what I think - unlike this coward. I bear no ill will
toward Mr. Sloan, and I fully support his Right to Free Speech via the written
word.

Cheers,
Phil
Phil
Phil
2003-10-19 12:04:44 UTC
Post by Phil Moody
I disavow any association from this insensitive anonymous bastard who uses my
signature. I, Philip Lee Moody, have no need to hide behind an anonymous
address and name to say what I think - unlike this coward. I bear no ill will
toward Mr. Sloan, and I fully support his Right to Free Speech via the written
word.
'Your' signature? My name is Phil Clarke and I sign my posts with my
first name. I don't know where you're coming off with your anonymous
and cowardly crap, but get over yourself. 'Phil' is not a unique
name..

While Sam's posting about his ancestors is on topic in thte
genealogy-related newsgroups, it is not relevent for nyc.general, a
newsgroup where Sam regularly posts his life for all to see, including
his sex life.

And if you support Sam's personal glorifications as free speech, then
you shouldn't have a problem with my right of free speech to point out
that his personal life is not of public interest.

Phil
mikE
2003-10-19 13:35:48 UTC
Post by Phil
Post by Phil Moody
[...]
"To me". Philly, you forgot to put that at the end of your rant.

You don't speak for all of us, Philly.
--
"We should not march into Baghdad. To occupy Iraq would
instantly shatter our coalition, turning the whole Arab

"There should be limits to freedom."--George W. Bush

"I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation
building."--George W. Bush, 10/11/2000

http://minime.de/bush/
http://www.911pi.com/
http://www.warprofiteers.com/
http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/
http://www.mindprod.com/bush911.html
Rick J
2003-10-19 14:34:04 UTC
Post by Phil
While Sam's posting about his ancestors is on topic in thte
genealogy-related newsgroups, it is not relevent for nyc.general, a
newsgroup where Sam regularly posts his life for all to see, including
his sex life.
Then why post your comments to soc.genealogy.Britain where he is on
topic ?
Phil
2003-10-19 14:45:10 UTC
Post by Rick J
Post by Phil
While Sam's posting about his ancestors is on topic in thte
genealogy-related newsgroups, it is not relevent for nyc.general, a
newsgroup where Sam regularly posts his life for all to see, including
his sex life.
Then why post your comments to soc.genealogy.Britain where he is on
topic ?
I'm replying to what I see posted on nyc.general, where Sam posts his
life story as if he's newsworthy. Once he sees that it's okay to post
on the genealogy-related groups, he'll be posting everything about his
job, his kids, his views on world events, etc..

Phil
Rick J
2003-10-19 15:23:21 UTC
Post by Phil
I'm replying to what I see posted on nyc.general, where Sam posts his
life story as if he's newsworthy. Once he sees that it's okay to post
on the genealogy-related groups, he'll be posting everything about his
job, his kids, his views on world events, etc..
With respect that is complete and utter nonsense.

What he posts on nyc.general has NOTHNG to do with Genealogy newsgroups.
If you want to comment on that the obvious strategy is for you to post
to nyc.general not soc.genealogy.britain.

And to criticise on the basis of what you believe he MIGHT post at some
future time is clearly ridiculous.

I have NO interest in Sam's connections with Q.E. but in posting that
info together with background data he is clearly on topic.
mikE
2003-10-19 17:46:12 UTC
Post by Rick J
Post by Phil
I'm replying to what I see posted on nyc.general, where Sam posts his
life story as if he's newsworthy. Once he sees that it's okay to post
on the genealogy-related groups, he'll be posting everything about his
job, his kids, his views on world events, etc..
With respect that is complete and utter nonsense.
What he posts on nyc.general has NOTHNG to do with Genealogy newsgroups.
If you want to comment on that the obvious strategy is for you to post
to nyc.general not soc.genealogy.britain.
And to criticise on the basis of what you believe he MIGHT post at some
future time is clearly ridiculous.
I have NO interest in Sam's connections with Q.E. but in posting that
info together with background data he is clearly on topic.
And he is a New Yorker!

Don Aitken
2003-10-19 18:14:41 UTC
Post by Rick J
Post by Phil
I'm replying to what I see posted on nyc.general, where Sam posts his
life story as if he's newsworthy. Once he sees that it's okay to post
on the genealogy-related groups, he'll be posting everything about his
job, his kids, his views on world events, etc..
With respect that is complete and utter nonsense.
What he posts on nyc.general has NOTHNG to do with Genealogy newsgroups.
If you want to comment on that the obvious strategy is for you to post
to nyc.general not soc.genealogy.britain.
And to criticise on the basis of what you believe he MIGHT post at some
future time is clearly ridiculous.
I have NO interest in Sam's connections with Q.E. but in posting that
info together with background data he is clearly on topic.
It seems that none of you have grasped that this entire thread is
being cross-posted to:

soc.genealogy.medieval
soc.genealogy.britain
soc.genealogy.nordic
soc.history.medieval
nyc.general
rec.games.chess.politics
alt.gossip.royalty

It was, no doubt, Sam that started this, but every poster is
responsible for their own messages. It is *your* responsibility to
ensure that *your* messages are on-topic for all groups they are
posted to. Just blindly hitting "Reply" is not acceptable. I have set
follow-ups to soc.genealogy.britain, which is where I am reading this.
That means that replies to this message will go only to that group,
unless those replying wish to add others, which is their prerogative.
Replies to other messages in the thread will continue to go to all of
the groups listed above, unless those posting them display more clue
than has been apparent up to now.
--
Don Aitken

Mail to the addresses given in the headers is no longer being
read. To mail me, substitute "clara.co.uk" for "freeuk.com".
mikE
2003-10-19 17:45:28 UTC
Post by Phil
Post by Rick J
Post by Phil
While Sam's posting about his ancestors is on topic in thte
genealogy-related newsgroups, it is not relevent for nyc.general, a
newsgroup where Sam regularly posts his life for all to see, including
his sex life.
Then why post your comments to soc.genealogy.Britain where he is on
topic ?
I'm replying to what I see posted on nyc.general, where Sam posts his
life story as if he's newsworthy. Once he sees that it's okay to post
on the genealogy-related groups, he'll be posting everything about his
job, his kids, his views on world events, etc..
Trimming the reply-to NG's is beyond your ability?

StanB
2003-10-19 20:14:00 UTC
Post by Rick J
Post by Phil
While Sam's posting about his ancestors is on topic in thte
genealogy-related newsgroups, it is not relevent for nyc.general, a
newsgroup where Sam regularly posts his life for all to see, including
his sex life.
Then why post your comments to soc.genealogy.Britain where he is on
topic ?
And to the chess group?

StanB
Doug Thompson
2003-10-19 20:47:53 UTC
Post by StanB
Post by Rick J
Post by Phil
While Sam's posting about his ancestors is on topic in thte
genealogy-related newsgroups, it is not relevent for nyc.general, a
newsgroup where Sam regularly posts his life for all to see, including
his sex life.
Then why post your comments to soc.genealogy.Britain where he is on
topic ?
And to the chess group?
StanB
Why is it that this thread is more fun to read than all the others??

Just stop posting to it and it dies! Keep posting and on it goes!

Doug
mikE

Phil Moody
2003-10-19 15:35:24 UTC
Post by Phil
'Your' signature? My name is Phil Clarke and I sign my posts with my
first name. I don't know where you're coming off with your anonymous
and cowardly crap, but get over yourself. 'Phil' is not a unique
name..
PLM: Well, Mr. Dog Glebe at Yahoo dot com; I'm surprised that you are to dense
to realize that you can pretend to be any body you want at Yahoo and thus
remain anonymous. Your surname may be Clarke, but I doubt that; because you
did not include it in your Display name when you set up your Yahoo account.
Your e-mails come through with just Phil displayed, and I find that a bit
narcissistic; because it has the same resonance as _Madonna_ and the artist
formerly known as _Prince_.
No offense intended, Dog, but you need to work on your display name.

Cheers,
Phil
Phil
2003-10-19 18:22:55 UTC
Post by Phil Moody
PLM: Well, Mr. Dog Glebe at Yahoo dot com; I'm surprised that you are to dense
to realize that you can pretend to be any body you want at Yahoo and thus
remain anonymous. Your surname may be Clarke, but I doubt that; because you
did not include it in your Display name when you set up your Yahoo account.
Your e-mails come through with just Phil displayed, and I find that a bit
narcissistic; because it has the same resonance as _Madonna_ and the artist
formerly known as _Prince_.
No offense intended, Dog, but you need to work on your display name.
I never knew I was required to give my full name. Most people on the
WWW don't. And to expect millions of people to conform to your
definition of internet protocol (or be considered a liar) is far more
narcissistic than me going by my first name.

No offense intended, Phil, but you need to get your head out of your
ass.

Phil
mikE
2003-10-19 21:34:33 UTC
Post by Phil
Post by Phil Moody
[...]
Mr. Moody, Phil-Dogg (as we call it) has a lack of self-worth and ambition.
He make up for this by idolizing despots like the former mayor of New York
City and the current President of the United States. Two men who should rot
in jail for thier crimes against the American People.

Phil
2003-10-19 22:26:56 UTC
Post by mikE
Mr. Moody, Phil-Dogg (as we call it) has a lack of self-worth and ambition.
He make up for this by idolizing despots like the former mayor of New York
City and the current President of the United States. Two men who should rot
in jail for thier crimes against the American People.
'We?' Who else calls me Phil-Dogg?

Sorry Mike, but you're the only one who does that. Constantly lying
(and now talking in plural) is a sign of no self-worth or ambition.

Phil
Alf Christophersen
2003-10-19 23:29:58 UTC
Post by Phil Moody
PLM: Well, Mr. Dog Glebe at Yahoo dot com; I'm surprised that you are to dense
to realize that you can pretend to be any body you want at Yahoo and thus
remain anonymous. Your surname may be Clarke, but I doubt that; because you
did not include it in your Display name when you set up your Yahoo account.
Your e-mails come through with just Phil displayed, and I find that a bit
narcissistic; because it has the same resonance as _Madonna_ and the artist
formerly known as _Prince_.
No offense intended, Dog, but you need to work on your display name.
Phil and Phil

Please find another scene to discuss this matter:-)

mikE
2003-10-19 13:34:24 UTC
Post by Phil
Post by Sam Sloan
Yes. This is it. Now, I have just received back a reply from the
researcher in Disbyt Database.
Sam, why do you think people in these newsgroups give a damn about
your life?
You seem to think they give a damn about YOURS, Phil!

We have heard all about your parking woes, your car being broken into,
the homeless near your apt, the hospital doen the street, your marital
discord, your lack of health benefits for your family, your lousy job,
and of course, your beloved homebrewing.

StanB

mikE
2003-10-19 21:36:58 UTC
Post by StanB
Would you losers mind not sending this crap to the chess groups?
Since the stakes were never mentioned aforehand, I was unaware
of any contest. If you are referring to the clueless as regard to Internet
Protocol, I suggest you SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, as you are a top-
poster.