What about William and Harry???
sparkysfun2004
2005-03-28 11:15:39 UTC
Hi All,

I feel so sorry for W&H...these two young men have been through so
much in their young lives already. This wedding must be very hard for
them, especially since Camilla is the one who "made the marriage
crowded". My heart goes out to them on April 8th...to see their father
marry the woman who caused Diana such grief...Camilla is alive and
married to her prince, while Diana lies in her grave, having missed out
on her sons' growth all these years.
Perhaps Camilla should be apologizing to the boys...although that
will never happen. Camilla went after Charles with a fierce
determination and succeeded in becoming his wife.
What about Harry and William...their home with just their dad will no
longer exist (yes, C&C have been living together but the marriage makes
it official). Each of the boys will handle it in their own
way...William by announcing that he will restore his mom's HRH when he
becomes King. Harry seems to carry a lot of emotional hurt and
emptiness. Hopefully the army will keep him occupied so he won't have
to think about the situation. But I fear for these two young men
cause, in my opinion, they have never grieved preperly for their mom...
Am I wrong??

Sparky
Gill W
2005-03-28 13:21:48 UTC
Post by sparkysfun2004
[...]
Well, we really don't know whther or not they have "properly grieved" for
their mother. JUst because we haven't heard about it doesn't mean it hasn't
happened.
--
Gill W

Life is not a rehearsal.
Take time out to smell the flowers & enjoy the sunset.
Sacha
2005-03-28 22:36:05 UTC
Post by Gill W
Post by sparkysfun2004
[...]
We do know they've asked everyone else to shut up and let her go!
--
Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)
v***@juno.com
2005-03-30 02:05:46 UTC
William and Harry will be fine. they're not the first kids of divorced
parents. and they're not the first kids of divorced parents who got
remarried. Further, they're now in their late teens or early twenties.

They're not the helpless babies that some newspapers seem to make them
out to be.

Real Life isn't perfect, and they'll learn to deal with it...

Vandevere
Jean Sue Libkind
Yes.
Susan Cohen
2005-03-28 18:05:39 UTC
Post by sparkysfun2004
Hi All,
I feel so sorry for W&H...these two young men have been through so
much in their young lives already. This wedding must be very hard for
them, especially since Camilla is the one who "made the marriage
crowded".
Yeah, not all the men their mother was....seeing.

[snip]
Post by sparkysfun2004
Am I wrong??
Yep.

SusanC
JFlexer
2005-03-28 21:43:20 UTC
Post by sparkysfun2004
Hi All,
I feel so sorry for W&H...these two young men have been through so
much in their young lives already. This wedding must be very hard for
Any new marriage of their father will probably be difficult on some level...
Post by sparkysfun2004
them, especially since Camilla is the one who "made the marriage
crowded".
well, yes, Camilla, and the men running through Diana's bedroom...
Post by sparkysfun2004
My heart goes out to them on April 8th...to see their father
marry the woman who caused Diana such grief...
blah. blah. buh-blah. Diana caused much of her grief herself. Diana also
caused the father of William and Harry lots of grief. Diana caused HERSELF
lots of grief. Safe to say, in any marriage that breaks down, there is
plenty of blame to go around...
Post by sparkysfun2004
Camilla is alive and
married to her prince, while Diana lies in her grave, having missed out
on her sons' growth all these years.
Perhaps Camilla should be apologizing to the boys...although that
will never happen.
It's not like Camilla put on a slinky black dress and lured the helpless
Charles to his doom and divorce.

Charles CHOSE to leave the marital bed, in his own words, after the marriage
had irretreivable broken down.
Post by sparkysfun2004
Camilla went after Charles with a fierce
determination and succeeded in becoming his wife.
<coughbullshitcough!>
Post by sparkysfun2004
What about Harry and William...their home with just their dad will no
longer exist (yes, C&C have been living together but the marriage makes
it official).
Um - they're both young men - how many 20-somethings, especially those who
have independent income, would CHOOSE to live with Dad? They are
"grown-ups" now and would probably be getting their own apartments anyway
even if Charles and Diana's marriage been perfect.
Post by sparkysfun2004
Each of the boys will handle it in their own
way...William by announcing that he will restore his mom's HRH when he
becomes King. Harry seems to carry a lot of emotional hurt and
emptiness. Hopefully the army will keep him occupied so he won't have
to think about the situation. But I fear for these two young men
cause, in my opinion, they have never grieved preperly for their mom...
They told you this over coffee at Starbucks?
Post by sparkysfun2004
Am I wrong??
mostly.

William, Harry, and Charles have, by all outward appearances, a loving and
healthy relationship. It seems to be relatively normal, along the lines of
the boys becoming young men and dealing with road-bumps along the way. The
loss of their mother most likely strengthened the relationship with their
father.

Camilla has been a constant in their life for many years. They have had
ample opportunity to get to know her and to understand the relationhip that
she shares with their Father. Any issues have most likely been hashed and
rehashed over and again.

It is quite likely they experience a certain tinge of sorrow at the loss of
their mother and what might have been - there is anytime a widowed or
divorced parent remarries, but I cannot imagine that they have anything but
full support for their father, and wish him every happiness.

-J
Morgana
2005-03-30 20:40:56 UTC
Post by JFlexer
full support for their father, and wish him every happiness.
-J
And this from the expert on the Catholic church in this group? Thank
God I left!
Jean Sue Libkind
2005-03-30 21:25:56 UTC
Post by Morgana
And this from the expert on the Catholic church in this group? Thank
God I left!
He's grateful, too, for your absence.

js
Morgana
He?????
JFlexer
2005-03-31 02:13:23 UTC
Post by Jean Sue Libkind
Post by Morgana
And this from the expert on the Catholic church in this group? Thank
God I left!
He's grateful, too, for your absence.
js
Is Morgana talking to me?

I can't tell, since she didn't bother to quote. But, because I'm in a
testy mood today, I'll pretend she is...

On what planet does KNOWLEDGE of a subject equate AGREEMENT?!?!

I know a tremendous amount about the Roman Catholic Church - in fact, I
studied it in depth for four years!

I have great respect for the Roman Catholic Church. I don't agree with the
Church on some things - I don't agree with the men who RUN the Church on
MANY things... but I respect the Church, I understand it, and I am able to
have intelligent conversations about it.

Nonetheless, I don't see, in anyway, how my explanation of the Church's
views on Andrew Parker-Bowles' divorce have any bearings on my opinions
about said divorce, or, for that matter, how the Roman Catholic Church has
any relationship to my comments about William and Harry's level of
acceptance of Camilla in their lives.

Please, enlighten me... I'll even take you out of my Killfile for the
occasion!!

-J
Susan Cohen
2005-03-31 05:28:47 UTC
Post by Jean Sue Libkind
Post by Morgana
God I left!
He's grateful, too, for your absence.
js
He's not the only one!

Susan

Susan Cohen
2005-03-31 05:27:30 UTC
[snip]
Post by Morgana
-J
And this from the expert on the Catholic church in this group? Thank
God I left!
If you've left, then why are you still here hanging round like a
bad smell?

Susan
Susan Cohen
2005-03-30 02:13:53 UTC
Post by sparkysfun2004
Hi All,
I feel so sorry for W&H...these two young men have been through so
much in their young lives already. This wedding must be very hard for
them, especially since Camilla is the one who "made the marriage
crowded".
The one she's about to enter?
Post by sparkysfun2004
My heart goes out to them on April 8th...to see their father
marry the woman who caused Diana such grief...Camilla is alive and
married to her prince, while Diana lies in her grave, having missed out
on her sons' growth all these years.
Perhaps Camilla should be apologizing to the boys...although that
will never happen. Camilla went after Charles with a fierce
determination
She did? When?
Post by sparkysfun2004
and succeeded in becoming his wife.
She has? So why is she bothering to marry him again on April 8?

Susan